Sunday 12 September 2010

Weddings in the Czech Republic




Prague trip 2010

We were invited to Prague by the Czech Tourism Office as an introduction to the city and learn what is has to offer for destination wedding couples. As Prague has always intrigued me I jumped at the chance, this was a perfect opportunity to see the venues and learn more about its history. Here I have recorded my visit, most of these venues will soon appear on our website in more detail, this is simply a brief report about the trip.

I would like to thank the Czech Tourism office for such a wonderful visit and for really taking excellent care of us during our stay, especially thank you to Katarina and Sylvie from the UK office, Yana from the Prague office and our wonderful and patient guide Olga!

6th of September 2010

I arrived late into Prague airport around 11pm local time after a comfortable 2 hour flight with BMI baby from Manchester.

This being my first visit to Prague I was filled with excitement and a little apprehension of what to expect, however I was pleasantly surprised to find the airport very user friendly. After leaving our airplane we made our way to passport control and bag collection and were out of the airport within 20 minutes!

Our driver took us on the 15 minutes transfer into Prague, with it being night time there was very little traffic and due to the dark we couldn't really see much, apart from the cobbled streets and trams which were everywhere giving the town an old historic feel.

We arrived at The Augustine our accommodation for the next 2 nights. The Augustine is a converted Monastery. Many of the old features have been preserved and a very simple colour scheme of white is used in the main areas, it has the feel of an art gallery about it. The handsome deep carved wood doors are originals and preserved to show how the monastery would have looked century’s ago. A selection of artwork is dotted around the hotel, along with a series of black and white photographs of monks at work and doing every day tasks offering an insight into the history of the building.

My room was 332 on the 3rd floor and had magnificent tall ceilings and an elegant colour scheme of green and deep pink. The room had elegant wooden floors with a design reflecting the 20th century avant-garde art cubism movement, from the comfy chairs to the artwork and accessories.

My bathroom was perfect, elegant beige marble, his and her sinks, separate walk in shower and a large inviting bath, which unfortunately due to our busy schedule I didn’t have time to test!

I almost let out a small gasp when the final set of doors in my suite led to a walk in wardrobe, even Carrie Bradshaw would have been proud! The small details like real coat hangers and space to hang my clothes comfortably and not have to look at my case for the stay sets this hotel apart from the rest. (After all clothes and shoes are a girl’s best friend)

I honestly couldn't think of a more perfect place to enjoy your honeymoon, this hotel offers an air of elegance, while being discreet and comfortable and is perfect for those that appreciate art and design.

Although this hotel is 5 star it doesn’t have the stuffy feel of some other 5 star hotels, the staff are very welcoming, warm and friendly and very knowledgeable about the hotel and its history as I discovered when the bellboy that showed me to my room was excited to share its history.

Come back tomorrow to read about my first day in Prague!

Lisa
xoxo