Thursday 30 September 2010

Wedding Report from Lara Graham (nee Bush)




We are great thank you and our wedding was fantastic. Heather, who was looking after us that day, Frances’s husband and the photographer were really helpful and made us feel very special.

We loved that we had our own glass bottom boat for just me and Luke to take us to Turtle Island whilst our guests were on a bigger boat, even though I do not think I realised how wet our feet would get! I had to hitch my dress up to my bum and try to climb down the ladder of the boat to a water level which was past my shins (I am not the tallest of people so the water level was a lot higher on me than on everyone else), but the team on the boat were very helpful in aiding and guiding me down the ladder so that I didn’t fall. I am so very glad my dress wasn’t a big dress with a huge train otherwise it would have been a bit wet!

The ceremony was absolutely lovely and the vows were perfect for us as a couple. After a few photo’s we had some time to speak to our guests and chill out a bit. We had brought some champagne with us and some plastic glasses so that everyone could enjoy a drink. We obviously made sure we tidied all our rubbish so they wouldn’t cause damage to environment. Then there were more photos, and this gave us our opportunity to add our fun little touch to the day in which we brought out the personalised knotted hankies for the men to wear and the giant multicolour sun glasses for the ladies! Very English thing to do, especially with the knotted hankies but the photos are very funny and the photographer had a giggle whilst taking the pictures.

The sun soon began go down and the light fade so it was a chance for photos in the sunset. The guests began getting on their bigger boat and after the last photo was taken we were called over by Heather to a group of people standing together looking at the floor. We wandered over to see two baby turtles that had just hatched. It was an absolutely amazing sight and it must be a very good omen for myself and Luke. It actually tied in very nicely to the music we had playing when we walked down to start the ceremony, it was Muse’s version of Feeling Good with the lyrics “it’s a new dawn, it’s a new day, it’s a new life…” very fitting for us and the baby turtles I think! But unfortunately our guests did not get a chance to see the baby turtles, and we didn’t manage to get a photo of them, but we will always have that fabulous memory. It was a really lovely way to end our wedding day on Turtle Island.

All in all we had a magnificent holiday and wedding and I would highly recommend this to anyone. The whole day was stress free due to the planning and help from all those involved. It was really great not to worry about what had to happen next and if everyone was ok.

It feels so sad that it was over so quickly and back to England where it was so cold we immediately had to put the heating on! But a huge thanks to everyone for making the day more than we could have hoped.

Love Lara & Luke x
Married on Turtle Island on the 13th of September 2010